Friday, August 28, 2009

100 things about me....

1.  I'm bored at work. And very good at procrastinating.
2.  I'm a sarcastic, smart-ass, who tends to always look for the worst case scenario.
3.  I've been to the emergency room twice, and the therapist once.
4.  I had an eating disorder and beat it (see therapist)
5.  I used to think that triathlon was cheaper than therapy.  Not so much anymore.  However, I do believe it has been instrumental in helping me recover.
6.  I. Love. Cookies. and Cake.
7.  I'm one of the most high-strung people I know.  I can't sit still and have a hard time relaxing.
8.  I have 1 younger (not smaller) brother.  1 is enough.
9.  He lives in Spokane.
10. I miss him lots.
11. I have the coolest in-laws in the world.
12. I love wine tasting trips with my husband.
13. My black lab is my baby.  My 70-lb, drooling, farting baby.
14. I bought my dream car when I was 24.  I love it.
15. It's a Mustang and her name is Penny.
16. My road bike cost as much as the down payment on my car.
17. Her name is Honey Ryder.
18. I love James Bond movies.  Except for the ones with Timothy Dalton, and that one random guy.
19. I took piano lessons for 12 years.
20. I want kids.  Just not now. Or next year. Or even the year after that.
21. I coach freshman basketball at the local high school.
22. I get in trouble alot for mouthing off to parents and bus drivers. Apparently, my mouth has no filter.
23. My sister-in-law is the only one in the family who gets my 'Friends' references.
24. I love Starbucks.
25. But my favorite coffee is Jamaican Blue Mountain.
26.  I do not understand the fascination with Twilight. 
27.  I have the most understanding husband in the world.
28.  In addition to coaching, I am also a coaches wife. 
29.  I like farmer's markets in the summer, football on a chilly night in the fall, and the smell of a basketball court on a saturday morning.
30.  I would like to redo my first two years of college - they were rough.
31.  Most people gain the "Freshman 15" - I lost 20.  (not good when you're 5'10" and weigh 120)
32.  That wasn't my eating disorder though.
33.  I work for my Dad.
34.  I can sing along to just about every Beach Boys song, but can't remember to put the new tabs on my car.
35.  I like to cook. 
36.  I collect cookbooks and recipes.  I say "collect" because I have them, but rarely use them.
37.  I find the news to be depressing and rarely watch it.
38.  I voted for our current president.
39.  Stupid people irritate me.
40.  I'm impatient.
41.  I H.A.T.E. Wal-mart, but can't seem to live without it.
42.  I like calendars and lists.  My house is full of lists.  Lists of lists.
43.  I like to garden, but have a hard time keeping up with it.
44.  I'm not a very good housekeeper.
45.  I make killer homemade brownies.  Hubby likes the ones out of the box.
46.  That's probably been the biggest argument of our 4 year marriage.
47.  We've been together for 9 years.
48.  I quilt occasionally.
49.  I recently discovered that there are alot of really cool, strong women in my family.  I aspire to be one of them.
50.  I'm scared of spiders.  And thunderstorms.  And occaisionally my own shadow.
51.  When my brother and I were little, Dad used to hide in the bedroom doorways at the end of the dark hallway and jump out and scare us.  I now have to turn on lights whenever I go down a hallway.
52.  I have always gotten along better with guys than girls.  From grade school all the way through college, and even now.
53.  I would rather watch the NCAA finals and drink beer with the guys than be in the kitchen with the wives and children discussing labor.
54.  When put in that situation, all I am able to think about is how my dog behaves better than some peoples children.  And he does cool tricks too.
55.  I'm slightly addicted to facebook and blogs.
56.  My last "real" job sucked.  Which is why I now work for my Dad.
57.  Retail therapy helps everytihng.  Any woman who tells you different is lying.
58.  I like fast cars and motorcycles.  I have one.  I have been informed that I will never have the other.
59.  Eventhough I might look confident on the outside, I'm usually freaking out on the inside.
60.  I kick-A at Guitar Hero.
61.  My TV is usually on Food Network or ESPN.  Or VERSUS for Tri's and Cycling.
62.  I watched this year's Tour de France from start to finish - and found it fascinating.
63.  I have enough underwear to go 3 weeks without doing laundry.
64.  I would rather be sitting at the lake than anywhere else.
65.  My Grandpa Youngers taught my brother and I how to play poker when we were little.
66.  I miss Grandpa Youngers more than any of my other relatives who have passed away.
67.  I've never been to his gravesite.  I don't think I could handle it.
68.  I am addicted to reality television - especially Bravo.
69.  Twilight, Taylor Swift and Paris Hilton drive me nuts.
70.  My favorite food groups are Carbs and Sugar.
71.  I've never broken any major bones - just a pinky toe.  I tripped over a cart at Costco
72.  I dislocated my shoulder in high school during a district basketball game.  To this day it still pops out occasionally.
73.  There are currently 5 whitewall tires with 4.5inch tread sitting in my office.
74.  Dad and I are restoring a 1941 Pontiac Businessman's Coupe and a 1957 Chevy pickup.
75.  I'm very competitive.  So is Dave.
76.  During pre-marital counseling, our pastor told us we weren't allowed to compete against each other.
77.  To this day, our biggest fight has been about who really won that raquetball game in college.
78.  It was me.
79.  I like Chick-Lit books.
80.  I will pester my husband about what my Christmas/Birthday presents are and where they are stashed until he breaks.
81.  He never breaks, but the dog did sniff them out once.
82.  For the first time ever, I have tan lines this summer!
83.  I like Frank Sinatra and Michael Buble.
84.  I see myself being an Ephrata-ite for life.
85.  I'm okay with that.  I think.
86.  I don't eat storebought bakery cookies - they never taste as good as they look, and I can make better.
87.  Crap, this is a long list.
88.  I have a peanut allergy, which sucks when I'm trying to take in calories on the bike - do you know how many granola/energy bars have peanuts in them?  All of them!
89.  I own the entire set of Sex and The City episodes and have watched it from start to finish multiple times.
90.  After all, multiple is better, right?  ;)
91.  I'm a Girl Scout drop-out who managed to marry an Eagle Scout.
92.  I have golf clubs, but rarely play.  Not that I don't enjoy it, I just find it frustrating with no physical contact to relase the frustration!
93.  Santa Claus scares me.  Especially the ones at the mall. 
94.  I'm really good at talking myself out of stuff.  I need to get better at talking myself into things.
95.  The last 2 movies I saw were "the Hangover" and "Julie and Julia".  I loved them both!
96.  My current favorite movie is "Superbad"
97.  I'm scared of my next race, but I think that's because it's way out of my comfort zone.
98.  I hate being out of my comfort zone, but I'm pretty sure it makes me a stronger person in the end, so here we go.
99.  I like 16 oz., triple, skinny, sugar free vanilla lattes. A barista called me high maintenance once.
100. I can't believe you read this whole list.

2 comments: