Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What if?

What if.....
...the water is cold?
...I get swam over/punched/kicked?
...the turn buoy looks too far away?
...I panic and hyperventilate?
...I run into the wrong changing tent?
...the hills are just too much?
...the switchbacks are too steep and I fall over?
...I have to get off and push?
...I get a flat?
...I crash on a downhill?
...fall in front of everyone dismounting in T2?
...start off too fast and bonk?
...have tummy troubles on the run?
...have to walk alot?
...cramp up?

sigh.  this is exhausting.

...I relax and enjoy the sport and comeptition?
...I trust in my training and preparation?
...I KNOW that I can swim that distance in 34 minutes?
...I fight for my spot in the water?
...I put my head down and just swim?
...I came out of the water with a smile on my face?
...I KNOW I'm a good climber?
...I practice changing a flat?
...I KNOW I can handle high speed descents?
...I smile and enjoy the ride?
...I eat well prior to the race and stick to my nutrition plan?
...I pace myself off the bike?
...I smile and enjoy the run?
...I KNOW I can finish with a good time?

What if I just stopped getting in my own way?  What would I be capable of?

1 comment:

  1. What if... you have a great time!! Enjoy the race! just take one step at a time!

    ReplyDelete