Thursday, March 26, 2009

Why You Should NOT Taunt the Sports Writer...

....he will put you on the front page.


Yes, that would be Alain & I laughing because we were just yelling and Mr. Sports Writer, "Hey!! Take our picture!! Put us on the front page!!". Hmm. Be careful what you wish for! At least I don't look like Phoebe running through Central Park.

Race results came out in the paper today.......((drumroll please))..... 65:45! Alain & I tied for 74th place. woohoo! The part that gets me is that the girl who won our age group only beat us by 3 minutes. Definitely something to shoot for next year.

In other running news, I had an ok 1.5 mile run today. I say ok because today I did feel like Phoebe in Central Park. I have forgotten how much nutrition plays a part in exercise (oh, so you mean I shouldn't have had that hot chocolate and hour before my run?) - it's important to remember you need the proper fuel for what you're doing. Save the chocolate for after the run, and then I prefer my after-workout-reward in the form of a cookie. Or fudge. Or cake. I'm not really too picky. The few redeeming factors of the run was that it was finally sunny, and that I held a 7:50 pace for 1.5 miles - now the goal is to be able to do it for 3.

After biking 13 miles.

Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment