Friday, June 5, 2009

Just a small town girl...

...livin' in a looooonely wooorrlld.

That's my Journey tribute for the week. What can I say, my husband would be so proud. Actually, I've heard that song a bajillion times this week, so we're making it the weekend theme song. Appropriate with the race and all, no?

as a side not, Pandora just switched from 'Don't Stop Believin' to ' Won't Back Down'. Scary - like it knows.

I can actually say that I'm not nervous for tomorrow at all, which is a first. It might sound corny, but I've been working on some relaxation & deep breathing techniques to use when I feel myself getting too amped up about the race, and they seem to be working in practice - let's hope the work tomorrow!!

Also different for this race, is that I don't really have an outcome goal. (Although I'd really like to place in my age group). My goals are more process oriented this time, which has actually helped me enjoy the training & preparation more - yes, training is fun.

new song - 'Here I Go Again on my own.' Pandora is psychic, I tell you.

I'm ready for tomorrow! I'll be back later in the weekend (assuming I survive 1 triathlon, 2 graduations, 10 graduation parties & alot of alcohol Sunday night) with pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment